We both love spicy food, we love shrimps and after discussing with my nutritionist Sara Grybos. She added a Spicy Shrimp dish to the diet plan. We can make it as spicy as we like or you can just leave out the spicy peppers.
Let’s start cooking!
The recipe for this dish if for two people. We eat it as a lunch, because it stays quite good after microwaving it and we are both full after it. If you doe not like garlic, you can add less, but you can also add more. The same for the Jalapeño peppers. In case you do not want to squeeze a lemon, you can also add a bit of lemon juice from a bottle.
What do we need?
- 8 leaves of Fresh Basil
- 1 Onion
- 3 toes of Garlic
- 20gr of Coconut oil
- 28gr of Sun dried Tomatoes (in oil)
- 2 Jalapeño peppers
- 200gr of Crushed tomatoes (in a can)
- 120gr of Basmati Rice
- 190gr of Shrimps
- 40gr of Lemon
How do we prepare the dish?
- Boil the rice in enough water until it is done. The time needed depends of the producer but mostly it is around 10 minutes.
- Clean the shrimps, we personally always fully clean them, we do not like to clean them during eating so we already prepare them fully cleaned. The ones we have come from the freezer with only the tail.
- Cut the sundried tomatoes, jalapeño peppers, onion and garlic.
- Put the coconut oil in a frying pan (if you do not have coconut oil, you can use a bit of rapeseed oil). Add the garlic and the onions. When the onions are glazed add the Shrimps and bake for around 5 minutes.
- Add the jalapeño peppers, the sun dried tomatoes and the crushed tomatoes from a can. Let it sit for 10-15minutes.
- Put the rice in a bowl, cover with the sauce and add the basil leaves and the dish is ready to eat.
The values for one person per serving is 584.1 Kcal, 29.8gr of protein, 21.3gr of fat.
Hopefully, you will give this recipe a try. We are a big fan, it is quick, easy and healthy. And of course spicy.
Let me know what you thought of this dish after you tried it and if you have any recipes you would like to see still?